Two volunteer positions have opened up on the board. They are as follows:
The AIA/UK Chapter is recruiting a person responsible for raising the profile of AIA UK in London and nationally within the UK, who will:
- Disseminate information about our events to the mainstream press, architectural publications and on social media.
- Make sure that chapter signature events are announced and covered by relevant weeklies (BD and AJ), monthlies and websites.
- Build relationships with contacts in the architectural and mainstream press
- Build contacts with partner organizations (RIBA, Design Centre and others) to build cooperation for joint events and activities
- Reports to the Board monthly on publicity and outreach activities
The AIA/UK Chapter is looking for a person responsible for coordinating and editing the Newsletters who will pull together and publish a regular newsletter that incorporates highlights from Chapter news. The Newsletter Coordinator will:
- Serve as the key contact person, communicate with authors and work closely with the Chapter Executive.
- Regularly collect, organise, edit and publish the articles on the Journal section of AIA/UK's website.
- Every 3 months, create a web-base Newsletter to be delivered via email to the Chapter Members.
- Oversee the deadlines, incorporate comments and final edit the Newsletter.
- Monitor the engagement, gather feedback and revise the web-base layouts to improve the Chapter Communications.
- Report to the Board monthly on deadlines, stats and feedbacks