We invite you to join us for the AIA UK 2018 Annual General Meeting on Thursday 18 January 2018 to celebrate the year just gone by and to look to the year ahead.
A drinks and canapé reception, hosted generously by our sponsor Herman Miller will be held
prior to the presentations, which will include an overview of our Events Calendar past and
future as well as brief administration meeting:
- Election of the 2018 Board Officers and Directors,
- Approval of the 2017 Annual Accounts,
- Implementation of Anti-Harassment Policy, and
- Adoption of revised Chapter Mission Statement
Attendance is not absolutely mandatory; however, this is your essential opportunity to have
your say in the governance of the Chapter, give feedback to the Board and influence the
Chapter’s plans going forward.
It is also always a pleasure to visit the showroom of Herman Miller, our long-time Chapter
Call for Nominations
You are welcome to make nominations for board directors and the four officer positions. The
board directors could be either licensed or non-licensed architects, either US or foreign. The
officer positions should ideally come from past or existing directors and should be licensed
All members of the Board should be willing and able to help with events coordination and
other Chapter activities.
If you are interested in getting involved with the Chapter, please even consider nominating
yourself for a position on the board. Other Chapter members including allied and affiliated
members, or those not otherwise qualified for full board status can participate on the board as a board correspondent on a trial, part time or temporary basis.
The latest policy to be initiated by the Board of Directors – the Anti-Harassment Policy – is
attached HERE for review. The new policy, along with others previously adopted by the
Board, will be published in our website under the heading About Us – the Chapter.
Mission Statement Update
At a Strategic Planning Meeting held by the Board of Directors in September, it was
suggested to update the AIA UK Chapter Mission Statement as follows:
To serve members and the architectural community of the UK by:
- Providing relevant and innovative educational opportunities to our members, including emerging professionals.
- Promoting good design and best practices within the architectural industry through awards and educational events,
- Advocating on behalf of the profession and the built environment where appropriate in the context of our position in the local community,
- Acting as a liaison to other AIA jurisdictions and to local UK organisations,
- Facilitating interaction and communication between members, other professionals and industry leaders via social, educational and networking events.