The UK Chapter runs a very active programme of building tours, social events, lectures and film screenings, and nearly every event has a continuing education component. Credit is given for Learning Units and Health and Safety and Welfare (HSW).
In 2016 our chapter offered 59 credits overall, with 43.5 dedicated to HSW. In 2015 there were 42 learning units, with 34 gaining HSW credit.
There are many opportunities to reach the 18 credits required to maintain membership in the AIA.
- Annual General Meeting 1 credit
- Webinar on a legal topic 1 credit
- Three building tours 4.5 credits
- Two film nights 3 credits
- Young professionals mentoring event 1.5 credits
- Summer bike tour 4 credits
- Keynote lecture 1.5 credits
- Technical lecture 1.5 credits
TOTAL: 18 credits
Or, for members who are short on time in the evenings, a city excursion will typically gain you 12 credits or more. Add mentoring a team in the annual student charrette for 6 credits, and you have achieved the AIA requirement.
U.S. states will generally accept the AIA CES transcript as proof of the continuing education requirement for maintaining a state license.