Call for Entries 2018
The 2018 AIA UK Chapter Excellence in Design Awards Programme
The American Institute of Architects UK Chapter is pleased to announce its 2018 Excellence in Design Awards Programme. For over 20 years, these awards have proven highly valued by architects as they confer transatlantic recognition for design excellence.
Submission and entry fee deadline: Monday, March 12, 2018, 17:00 GMT
Design Awards Gala: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 / Royal College of Physicians, Regents Park, London
Jury to be announced.
The awards program recognizes and honours excellence in design in three categories: Professional, Young Architect, and Unbuilt.
- Professional: Entries are sought from architects, industrial designers, urban planners, landscape architects, and interior designers for projects whose construction has been completed.
- Young Architect: Entries are sought from young, emerging practices with design principals under 40 years of age, for projects whose construction has been completed.
- Unbuilt: Entries are sought from professionals, recent graduates and current students based in Britain and around the world, for projects which are as of yet unbuilt or are speculative in nature.
- UK-based architects or designers, for projects anywhere in the world.
- Architects or designers based outside the UK for projects completed in the UK.
- Recent graduates who either completed their coursework in the UK, or if coursework was completed elsewhere, are currently based in the UK, for any unbuilt projects.
- Students currently enrolled in a Part 1 or Part 2 course in the UK.
Professional and Young Architect applicant guidelines:
- Eligible projects may be buildings or structures or groups of either. Projects need not be limited to new-build. Refurbishments, interior designs, designs for monuments and urban design / master planning projects, product and industrial design work are also all welcome.
- Projects must be the work of registered or licensed architects, and construction must have been completed between 1 January 2013 and 31 December 2017.
- Eligibility is at the sole discretion of the Jury. The Jury reserves the right to make as many awards as they see fit.
Participants must not contact the Jury regarding their submissions.
Eligible architects, designers or groups thereof may submit an unlimited number of entries; each entry must be submitted separately with a non-refundable fee per the submission requirements above. Payment should be submitted to AIA UK online via Paypal (scroll down for link. Confirmation receipt of payment will be provided by email from email@example.com
Eligible architects, designers or groups thereof may submit an unlimited number of entries; each entry must be submitted separately with a non-refundable fee of:
£89.00 for Professional entries
£69.00 for Young Architect entries.
£49.00 for Unbuilt entries
Payment should be submitted to AIA UK online via PayPal (below).
- Entry fees can only be accepted in Pounds Sterling.
- Valid entries must be received by 17:00 on Monday, March 12, 2018.
- No late or incomplete entries will be accepted.
Award Notification and Image Use:
Following the Jury’s selections, winners will be contacted and invited to attend the Excellence in Design Awards Gala at the Royal College of Physicians on the 18th April 2018. Awards recipients may be asked to provide additional images and information for display and exhibition purposes for the Awards Ceremony. The AIA UK will promote the results of the Awards Programme internationally. By virtue of entering the awards, entrants agree to grant the organisers a licence to reproduce any material for the purpose of publicising the awards, provided that the author’s name is credited and that the organisers take reasonable steps to ensure that such credit is given.